Thursday, March 24, 2016

Then and Now - Kings Beach kiddies slide

When we were small we often went to swim at the pools (both the pool by the Smartie Train and the kiddie slide pool) at Kings Beach.  I remember the day so well when I decided that I was big enough to go and  try out the "big" slide at McArthur's Pool.  The kiddies slide (and Smartie Train pool) closed down before I had kids so they never got to experience that part of my childhood memories. After the slide got closed down they created a garden in the pool.

It was great to see that when the Kings Beach Park development took place that the structure with it's stone steps got incorporated into the development.  The fountain still works (although not on the day I took the photo) and the water cascades down the steps and into the Kings Beach lake.

1 comment: