Saturday, November 22, 2014

Finding Gollum's Precious

I got a request this week via e-mail to share some more of my Geocaching adventures on my blogs.  I'm so fanatical about the caching that I could probably do a whole blog about it, but I decided not to go totally overboard with it.  Instead I'll share a Geocaching picture once a week.  I'll kick it off with a picture I took at one of the more interesting cache locations I've visited recently.  Fellow cacher GeorgeC12 has placed a number of very good caches lately and one of them is one called Gollum.  Being a huge Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fan I just had to do it.  Drama Princess decided to join me on the hunt and we headed off to the cache location.  Not to give too much away, but the Gollum in Lord of the Rings lived underground... and so did this one.  Growing up Indiana Jones was one of my idols, still is really, so Geocaching allows the explorer in me to emerge.  Caches like this even more so.  Needless to say, the search was successful, the log signed and the picture above got taken.        
 

1 comment:

  1. I've tried Geocaching a couple of times. I usually end up in the poison ivy.

    ReplyDelete