Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cobble Beach

Along the Sacramento Trail you do find many rocks and stones and this one little stretch was very interesting as it is made up of stones washed smooth and round by years of wave action.  I wanted to call the post "Pebble Beach", but according to Wikipedia a pebble is a clast of rock with a particle size of 4 to 64 millimetres based on the Krumbein phi scale of sedimentology.  So pebble was out of the question.  And here I thought that I would get some extra hits from folks looking for Pebble Beach in the USA.

6 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO I love rocks, I so want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still look like pebbles to me! Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a load of old cobblers Jonker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore rock textures and pebbles! This looks like quite an amazing collection! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... sommer net lekker... wish we were there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a beach with stones like that.

    ReplyDelete