Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ironman cycle leg

Better late (more than two week late that is) than never.  I decided not to photograph the Ironman South Africa event here in Port Elizabeth this year.  Well, it was more a case of we wouldn't have been in town and when it turned out that we were I decided to rather spend time with the family.  I did pop down to Buffelsfontein Road at Mount Pleasant to have a look at the cyclists coming by.  About 15 minutes after getting there the leaders came flying up the road on their second lap of three, passing the back markers already.  By the time I got the camera out the top three had passed already but here are the chasing pack coming up the road with some of the back markers getting out their way on the left.  Next year I will be back on my post for this event.

1 comment:

  1. After your experience last year, I would boycott this event. I know that it is noteworthy, but this is your blog and you deserve to post only what you feel motivated to.
    At the end of the day it (ironman)is just another business, generating money for the organisers. Personally I can't get excited by it.

    ReplyDelete