Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fun Fair

One of the main attractions on the beachfront during the summer season this year is Pleasure Land.  Pleasure Land was an institution on the Port Elizabeth beachfront up until a couple of years ago when the stopped coming for some reason.  Their place was taken by smaller operators, but it was never the same.  This year the organisers of the summer season activities brought back the original Pleasure Land which is situated for the first time right next to Beach Road and the Kings Beach Flea Market.

7 comments:

  1. I would Never have been able to pull my kids away from all this when they were nippers! I loved the photo of your two kids opening their presents. Treasure this time - it passes sooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was called PLAYLAND..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Firefly :o)
    When I was a kid the county fair came to our town in late August, right in line with my birthday. So part of my birthday was a trip to the fair. I loved going to the fair!!! These institutions are so wonderful and add so much joy to little ones memories.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know,Firefly, I love the Fun Fair as much as the other , BUT, and that is a deliberate big BUT, my wallet is always a large amount of Dineros lighter after my kids start going on the rides! And make no mistake, those people really know how to charge for entertainment. HAHAHA. Maybe I am just a scrooge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that they stopped coming after Spoornet increased their transport costs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Till when will they be there? And whats the token prices for the rides?

    ReplyDelete