Monday, July 14, 2008

Woo-Hoo, The whales are back



If you are anywhere near the Southern coast of Africa in the next two months, don't forget that the whales are back! If you get a chance, take a drive along the coast and see if you can spot them. We went to Schoenmakerskop this afternoon, and had a wonderful time sitting on a bench, freezing our butts off and watching groups of them cruising past. We were delighted to catch a couple of them breaching. On the horizon there was an interesting ship with built in cranes travelling towards Capetown.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling me what that ship was in the background. I couldn’t quite figure it out.

    I wonder what those whales are thinking splashing around like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe Kris, probably something like "sheeesh this water is uncomfortably warm".... or since it is mating season, maybe " I wonder if this will impress her?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is close. I am so envious and going to sulk. I would love to have taken that.

    ReplyDelete