Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lift off


Here's a view of the Port Elizabeth Airport that is not commonly seen. Viewed from across the runway, a plane clears the ground as it gets past the arrivals hall of the airport. (It is a little blurry, but as you will realise, it was moving really fast!) It doesn't matter how many times I see this, or how much I know about the theory of aerodynamics, I still find it awesome when a huge heavy metal object full of passengers flings itself into the air and defies gravity!

4 comments:

  1. Sam, I'm awed both by flight as you are and by your photo. I've snapped planes over my house and know how hard it is to snap them. I'm back after an illness and short stay in the hospital...hope it's permanent. Missed all you bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Katie's back! You have been missed around blogland, so glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam.

    Great shot, I'm trying to work out where you were. Either at the SAAF museum or near the runway that is being worked on at the moment.

    It's almost a pity about those stairs behind the aircraft. It caught my eye immediately because it looks like something hanging off the bottom of the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you manage to get to that area? I thought it was restricted! Beautiful shot of a beautiful plane in a beatiful place!

    ReplyDelete